We have extensive experience representing clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings. Whether these alternative dispute resolution matters are confidential mediations intended to resolve partnership disputes to enable a business to return to profitability, or high-stakes commercial disputes submitted to arbitration under contractual provisions, we routinely press our clients’ claims before mediators and arbitrators in both industry-specific and general alternative dispute resolution forums.
We have successfully represented clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution matters including:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Business partnership disputes
- Disputes between professionals and their former clients
- Employment and executive compensation disputes
- Disputes between securities professionals
- We obtained an award of over $9 million inclusive of attorney’s fees for a major pharmaceutical company in an arbitration of a contract dispute. In the same arbitration, we defeated the opposing party’s $24 million counterclaim. A federal district court subsequently confirmed the arbitration award, overruling the opposing party’s objections to confirmation.
- In confidential mediation, we successfully resolved a complex real estate dispute on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a client who asserted professional negligence claims against a law firm.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a business executive who asserted employment discrimination claims against her former employer.
Nearly twenty years ago, TDR partner Daniel L. Stanner won an appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court in Beretta v. City of Chicago. The City alleged that national distributors flooded the surrounding states with firearms knowing they would make their way into Illinois...
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein partner Bradford P. Lyerla has once again been named a Band One Intellectual Property litigator by Chambers USA in 2022. He is included in a small and select group of lawyers who Chambers has chosen for this designation in Illinois based...