We have extensive experience representing clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings. Whether these alternative dispute resolution matters are confidential mediations intended to resolve partnership disputes to enable a business to return to profitability, or high-stakes commercial disputes submitted to arbitration under contractual provisions, we routinely press our clients’ claims before mediators and arbitrators in both industry-specific and general alternative dispute resolution forums.
We have successfully represented clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution matters including:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Business partnership disputes
- Disputes between professionals and their former clients
- Employment and executive compensation disputes
- Disputes between securities professionals
- We obtained an award of over $9 million inclusive of attorney’s fees for a major pharmaceutical company in an arbitration of a contract dispute. In the same arbitration, we defeated the opposing party’s $24 million counterclaim. A federal district court subsequently confirmed the arbitration award, overruling the opposing party’s objections to confirmation.
- In confidential mediation, we successfully resolved a complex real estate dispute on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a client who asserted professional negligence claims against a law firm.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a business executive who asserted employment discrimination claims against her former employer.
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein partner Gino L. DiVito authored an article featured in the December 2023 issue of the Illinois Bar Journal. Gino’s article is titled “What I Learned From Teaching Trial Advocacy: The Direct Examination,” and is the third part of his...
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein partner Gino L. DiVito authored an article featured in the November 2023 issue of the Illinois Bar Journal. Gino’s article is titled “What I Learned From Teaching Trial Advocacy: The Essential Elements of Persuasion: What To Do and How and...