Few circumstances in the life of a business are more challenging than disputes among co-owners. We help clients efficiently and effectively resolve such disputes with minimal business disruption. If resolution is not possible, we work to maximize our clients’ interests through a successful business separation.
We represent both public and closely held corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and trusts as well as shareholders, partners, members, trustees and beneficiaries of those entities, in negotiations and litigation involving:
- Corporate governance and director and officer liability
- Shareholder claims for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and minority oppression
- Executive compensation, including buyout agreements
- Corporate dissolution
- Trust management and enforcement
We have represented stakeholders in such disputes across a variety of industries, including:
- Professional Services, including law firms and medical practices
- Technology Services and Products
- Retail Sales
- Real Estate
- We obtained dismissal with prejudice of all claims against clients whose joint venture partner alleged that they breached their fiduciary duties by failing to properly distribute profits.
- We obtained a trial verdict in favor of a trustee of an Illinois trust against allegations by a co-trustee and beneficiary that our client breached her fiduciary obligations and should be removed as a trustee.
- In only six weeks, we prepared years-long litigation over the dissolution of a law firm partnership for trial and then favorably resolved the litigation before trial was necessary.
- We obtained complete a defense victory following arbitration on behalf of a managing partner of an investment partnership sued by six of the partnership’s minority partners for breach of fiduciary duty.
- We succeeded in arbitration on behalf of a minority member of a medical practice who was forced out; and recovered past-due retirement benefits to which the member was entitled.
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein is proud to announce that 12 of its attorney have been selected as 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Congratulations to all of them for attaining this high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. 2023 Super...
Nearly twenty years ago, TDR partner Daniel L. Stanner won an appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court in Beretta v. City of Chicago. The City alleged that national distributors flooded the surrounding states with firearms knowing they would make their way into Illinois...