Few circumstances in the life of a business are more challenging than disputes among co-owners. We help clients efficiently and effectively resolve such disputes with minimal business disruption. If resolution is not possible, we work to maximize our clients’ interests through a successful business separation.
We represent both public and closely held corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and trusts as well as shareholders, partners, members, trustees and beneficiaries of those entities, in negotiations and litigation involving:
- Corporate governance and director and officer liability
- Shareholder claims for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and minority oppression
- Executive compensation, including buyout agreements
- Corporate dissolution
- Trust management and enforcement
We have represented stakeholders in such disputes across a variety of industries, including:
- Professional Services, including law firms and medical practices
- Technology Services and Products
- Retail Sales
- Real Estate
- We obtained dismissal with prejudice of all claims against clients whose joint venture partner alleged that they breached their fiduciary duties by failing to properly distribute profits.
- We obtained a trial verdict in favor of a trustee of an Illinois trust against allegations by a co-trustee and beneficiary that our client breached her fiduciary obligations and should be removed as a trustee.
- In only six weeks, we prepared years-long litigation over the dissolution of a law firm partnership for trial and then favorably resolved the litigation before trial was necessary.
- We obtained complete a defense victory following arbitration on behalf of a managing partner of an investment partnership sued by six of the partnership’s minority partners for breach of fiduciary duty.
- We succeeded in arbitration on behalf of a minority member of a medical practice who was forced out; and recovered past-due retirement benefits to which the member was entitled.
Haussmann Elected To The Chicago Bar Association’s Board of Managers
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein is pleased to announce that partner Brian C. Haussmann has been elected to serve a two-year term on the Chicago Bar Association’s Board of Managers. The Board, which meets monthly, is responsible for all CBA policy decisions. Brian is...
Berger and Marcotte Author Articles in CBA Record
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein partner Jake Berger and associate Nikki Marcotte authored articles featured in the recent publication of the CBA Record. Jake’s article, entitled “Student Loan Forgiveness: Will it Be Taxable in Illinois?”, discusses the current state of...