Kyle is a highly skilled and passionate litigator with extensive experience in both federal and state courts. He has a proven track record of successfully representing clients in a wide range of complex commercial matters and navigating all stages of the litigation process, including mediations, arbitrations, trials and appeals.
Before joining Tabet DiVito & Rothstein, Kyle honed his skills at a prominent Chicago litigation firm, where he focused on defending high-stakes cases with exceptional success.
Kyle graduated magna cum laude from Colgate University with a bachelor’s degree and earned his law degree from Boston University School of Law. During law school, Kyle served as a teaching assistant, a legislative intern for Massachusetts State Senator Dan Wolf and a judicial extern for the Honorable Anne Claire Williams (Ret.) of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Kyle is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and in the Northern District of Illinois.
With a record of successfully representing clients across a variety of cases, Kyle has the following notable business and litigation experiences:
- Serves as business and litigation counsel for HAS Capital LLC
- Serves as business and litigation counsel for Concord Family Services, Inc.
- Counsel for McKesson on more than 40 cases throughout Illinois relating to opioid supply practices
- Schwan’s Co. v. Conagra Brands, Inc. et al., No. 20-CV-2157 (D. Minn. 2020) (representing Conagra in tortious interference with employment contract and trade secrets dispute)
- Oasis Shareholder Recovery, et al. v. D. E. Shaw & Co., L.P. et al., Nos. 2018 L 152 and 2018 CH 969, Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois (represented various D. E. Shaw entities in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties dispute)
- SAI v. Wolfram, et al., (N.D. Ill. 2021) (representing SAI in trade secrets, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties dispute)
- Wood River LLC, et al. v. Saks Incorporated, No. 2018-MR-001624, Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois (representing Wood River in breach of contract dispute)
Kyle has been recognized as a Rising Star in business litigation for several consecutive years (2021, 2022 and 2023) by Super Lawyers, an accolade awarded to only 2.5% of Illinois attorneys under the age of 40.
News, Publications, & Presentations
Kyle is dedicated to sharing his expertise and regularly contributes to the legal community through various presentations and publications:
Co-Presenter, “The Anatomy of a Business Divorce Case: Common Issues, Theories and Themes,” Chicago Bar Association’s Committee on Complex Ownership Disputes and Business Divorces, December 13, 2022
Author, “Illinois’ Unique Approach to the Corporate Attorney-Client Privilege,” The Chicago Litigation Blog, June 9, 2020
Author, “Avoiding Pyrrhic Victories: How to preserve third-party contribution claims when a plaintiff might re-file a voluntarily dismissed action,” The Chicago Litigation Blog, February 20, 2020
Author, “Necessary Stays: What happens when a necessary party in a multi-party Illinois case files for bankruptcy?” The Chicago Litigation Blog, January 21, 2020